Glogster Poster

viernes, 8 de marzo de 2013
This is the second work I want to share with you. It's a poster made on Glogster, another useful online tool full of items we can add and use to our poster in order to make it attractive to others and dynamic. It's all about Instructional Methods, specifically two of them in which I've just worked on. By the way, they are Simulation and Drill & Practice.

Regarding to those two Instructional Methods I've chosen, they were used to solve some problems in an hypothetical situation. In the situation or scenario I made up six students wanted to learn how to maintain discipline within the classroom. I chose Simulation because I thought it could work well with the students are going to learn. Their teacher will create different scenarios in which the discipline will be lost in order to demonstrate the students how to manage that kind of situations. Then, the students shall participate giving options and suggestions; creating their own scenario and showing their classmates the solutions they implement. Drill & practice might work but the more repetitive the less interesting it is. It make me hesitate because I realized that in the process of selection the most adequate instructional method, not only two of the worked. Demonstration, discussion, cooperative learning, problem solving and even presentation and discovery. Each one were present in the resolution.

Finally, I just want to add that we have to be very careful when selecting one or more instructional methods to use because oll of them are somehow related to one another. For example, when I was doing the selection  some of the instructional methods led to others. So, we have to ponder over our situation before selecting.





0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario